Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DIY: Make your cracked blush to cream blush

Heya! Today, as usual, I browsed the internet for almost every random thing. I was browsing on make-ups and then later on tutorials and then I stumble upon a Do It Yourself: Cream Blush. I was amazed I realized I have a broken blush-on and I have a petroleum jelly. Need I say more? I'm going to do it!


I was looking for a similar container as the one she used in her video but instead I found this cute Minnie Mouse key chain thing doing nothing just rotting in the corner, so it shall thank me, I'm going to make it useful! Let's get started!



I"m going to post pictures of steps how to do it.


First place petroleum jelly on the container. It's up to you how much, it depends on the availability of your broken blush. Don't place too many though, the color won't be pigmented if it's too much.



Add the blush powder. I used my broken Nichido Blush (Sunkissed)


Mix it. Just like cooking with flour, you don't want lumps so mix it well hehehe


Oooh. Looks like food.


Next you use your blow dryer to melt the mixture


See! It settled as it should. Place it inside the refrigerator for about 3 minutes. It'll cool easily. 

Left - Powder Blush; Right - DIY Blush
Here's a comparison 



Tada After placing it on the fridge it's all DONE. All YOURS!


Here is my finished Product :D I call it 
Minnie Mouse: Cheek-Lip Creme in Sunkissed
(c-r-e-m-e lmao)

I felt so happy while doing this one, because really it is something exciting for me. Like getting the stuff ready, finding something to mix it up. The small blue spoon was a lucky find in our kitchen! Haha. And just imagining how it will turn up. 

Oh yea! I used it. I tested it out, it does not have much color, that's why I told you control the jelly. On the last picture you see, some blush is still there, I mixed it all up to the one I made and it turned better.

I used it on my lips and on my cheeks. Not for oily skin people though. After putting it my cheeks, it was glossy so you got to put on some pressed powder. It's like a highlight so you won't look pale. It is also long lasting. I washed the one on my hand but some color still remained -- probably because of petroleum.

That will be a con of this thing: how to remove it. Another con is that to build up the color you may need to put on about 2-3 layers. 

For  the lips, it was just fine - like tinted, and lips won't look so pale. It'll be moisturized for a long time too because it is petroleum. Does not taste good though. 

Try it! Tell me how it turned our or if there are other ways. Haha. 

1 comment:

  1. great idea! matry nga rin next tym pag ginanahan

    ReplyDelete