Friday, March 22, 2013

Sukitte Iinayo

This is a drama/romance anime. It has only 13 episodes so I was able to finish it today. I skipped some parts though since, I get the idea of what is happening and sometimes conversations are just long. 

The story revolves around Mai, a shy girl who experienced being bullied that is why she turned her back towards people and kept everything to herself. Until a guy comes along to change everything. She gained friends along the way. Her friends were also scarred, getting close to each other didn't take the easy route.

Moreover, there are a lot of rivals for Mai in terms of her love towards Tamako (Sorry I don't know his name hahahahaha I might be wrong). Tamako is good looking (which is actually not true art-wise) and a lot of girls fall for him and one of them is the model.

Usually when there is a model in an anime, she would play the role of a good girl upfront while being a bitch towards the protagonist. In this series case, the model has an unwanted past. She was also bullied and was called ugly. Her parents didn't really gave enough support. She was also a victim herself that is why she wants attention.


Nevertheless, as you can see in the picture she said "I want to live openly and honestly" That's the part where she chose to change. I really like how she looks there - doesn't give a damn. She probably is my favorite character in this anime. 

Overall, this anime's story isn't something new. It is like cliche's put together. The plus here are the people who seems "bitches" but are scarred. I like how people act outrageous and then later on would reveal something related to their past. 

It kinds of make you be appreciate there is a thing called "change". 

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?! AN ANIME?! UGGHHH!!!
    I've been following this on Mangafox since ages!!!
    and 13 eps only?! Magkakaseason two ba? LOLZ!
    Will try to watch this :D

    Btw--- love you new layout :D

    ReplyDelete