Friday, March 15, 2013

Waxed!


One thing I hate about my body - hairs. Hair hair hair. Why can't they stop growing? I hope body hair are just made for men. They don't give a shit if they grow a beard or underarm hair. Us women, find it unpleasant to have such in our body. Even the tiny hair can be annoying if you got to look at it everyday, saying "hi" to you.

Today I bought a new brand of wax which is "Nanny Rose's Queen Bee". The name already gives out what kind of wax is inside - honey bee's wax. Its 50g package comes with 3 cloth pulls and 2 wooden applicator (i.e. popsicle sticks). Packaging wise, I like it better than Epilin. 

I also bought the After Wax Salve. I have no idea why it is called salve. Probably it is synonymous to cream. The ingredients are not harmful since it is made up of friendly oils such as mineral oil, almond oil, tea ree oil, chamomile, and malunggay oil. It also contains beeswax and shea butter. The packaging is cute! Lol.


Okay so I used it today.
I heated the wax using our rice cooker. Teeheehehehe. I was planning on boiling water and dropping it there but it entails more effort compare to plug and click! Lol. 

I let it cool. It won't harden like Epilin since it is made out of honey so even if it is in room temperature, you can use it. I wonder if it won't need another heating next time since it won't be stored inside an air-conditioned room.  

SO.
Trial number 1: Applied the wax downwards (so pull would be against hair growth) - placed the cloth - pulled. And then WTF? NO hair was removed. I mean, COME ON. LOL. I did it thrice and it hurt so bad like hell. I placed the Salve afterwards it kind of sting. 

Trial number 2: I remembered I read something that goes "...pull on the opposite direction on which you apply the wax" Oh okay, I was like "I don't care about the against the hair growth rule I'm trying this one!" I applied it upwards. Pulled downwards OMG. LIKE HELL YEAH - tons of hair over there. Like that was heaven girl, that was HEAVEN. Salve was great :3

Lesson: Forget the hair growth, just pay attention to the strength of your hand and the direction it is more powerful :))) If you have someone to pull it for you  then yeah, remember the against hair growth rule but if you do it yourself, trust me. 

VERDICT: 
I like this wax. Much better than Epilin. You need to heat Epilin everytime. It solidifies fast so you got to wax fast. Its packaging doesn't come with a lit so it is exposed to dirt.

No problem with the Salve either. 

The wax is made up of honey, unrefined honey sugar, and calamansi juice. No harmful ingredients and it is all natural! What can go wrong with natural stuffs right? So goodbye Epilin!


Moving on, aside from those wax I bought this one. Facial hair remover. It's a metal spring you can form into a U shape and roll onto the facial hair you want to remove. I tried it for my upper lip hair. It hurts. Well face it, everything hurts! LOL.

I've waxed my upper lip the other day, there were only some hair today so... I basically just tried to roll it. It feels like lip threading. 

I hope this can replace my facial wax strips. Or I can try Nanny Rose on my upper lip... :)))))



I was checking out on the Shick's shaver for women. It has a cute design! Here:
However I did not buy because, I'm not prepared what my mother will say :)) And I'm not so serious about my legs YET. LOL. I'm not wearing  shorts or skirt when I go out. But I'll keep an eye on these and ONE DAY I'll own one hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment