Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Introvert


If you're an introvert, you also know that the bias against quiet can cause deep psychic pain. As a child you might have overheard your parents apologize for your shyness. Or at school you might have been prodded to come "out of your shell" -that noxious expression which fails to appreciate that some animals naturally carry shelter everywhere they go, and some humans are just the same.

I cannot help but agree with this quote especially the one in which people tell you to "come out of your shell". I heard that several times

"wag kang mahiya"

The more I hear this line, the more I crawl inside my shell. It makes me think, am I doing it wrong? It does not result to anything better in fact, it makes things worse. Instead I think people can say "kaya mo yan" instead of "don't be shy".

Being shy is natural, being nervous is natural. People must accept that these kinds of emotions HAPPEN.

I think what those people need is a push at the back, not a suppression of feelings.








No comments:

Post a Comment